Agriculture Methodology: Assessing the greenhouse gas impacts of agriculture policies
To help policymakers assess the impacts of policies on greenhouse gas emissions, ICAT and the Greenhouse Gas Management Institute (GHGMI) launched Agriculture Methodology: Assessing the Greenhouse Gas Impacts of Agriculture Policies. The guide is relevant to all countries and regions, and applicable to agricultural policies – whether planned, adopted or implemented – at the national, subnational or municipal level.
The guide can be used to:
- Inform and improve policy design and implementation
- Inform goal setting and track progress
- Help gather information for reporting, including under the Paris Agreement’s enhanced transparency framework
- Help attract finance by demonstrating effective policies
- Understand the capacity needed to implement policy activities.
The guide is part of ICAT’s Policy Assessment Guides series, a set of state-of-the-art methodologies to help countries assess the impacts of policies and actions. For more information on the series and advice on applying the guides, see the ICAT Introductory Guide.